Friday 6 January 2012

Ripple Footstool Cover

Hello Everybody,


I was determined to have a 'Finished Object' Friday today, and here it is:



It's just a simple ?square of crochet to cover my Ikea footstool in the lounge. Do you remember that I said I'd bought a red rug for the lounge? Well, it's lovely but I don't really have a red colour scheme going on. My lounge is mainly black, grey and white but I had a few purple things dotted about, one of which was a purple granny blanket I'd crocheted for the footstool. However, it no longer matches the lounge so shall have to be repurposed. So, on a whim last week, I decided a new cover was in order. 



I used the Attic24 neat ripple blanket pattern. It's easy once you get into it and a good project to do in front of the TV as you don't really have to concentrate. I enjoyed it so much, that I think I'm going to embark on a big one for the sofa, but using slightly different shades and textures of red yarn. 




The yarn I used was mainly lying about in my stash, apart from the red acrylic (which isn't too nasty) that I picked up at the supermarket. From memory, the yarns I used were: (clockwise from top left) Red Heart DK (cheap stuff ?super saver), Adriafil Llama Bulky, Freedom Spirit, ? Wendy Mode Aran, Patons Pompero Aran.


If you want to see other people's finished objects this sunny(ish) Friday, then please visit the blog below:

Have yourselves a good weekend!


Thistle Girl x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cover and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice way to soften and warm up a stark chair! I've bookmarked the pattern - I just love it every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous. I'd love to tackle some ripple crochet one day. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, the only thing I can crochet to this day are flowers... But I alway admire crocheted throws so much. They're ust so... cosy! ^^

    yaga
    http://www.shinyubbles.org

    ReplyDelete